only when it was funny

Welcome to my GamePad. Here I'll comment on the crazy happenings of our beloved industry of games.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Total Annihilation 2ish

IGN: Supreme Commander Preview
Supreme Commander is one to watch. A new breed of RTS being design by Chris Taylor, creator of Total Annihilation. TA was a very special game. Air units acted like real planes that needed to land and could not just float in the air. Resource gathering was new an unique. And the graphics and music was incredible. In fact, the reason I ever bought the game is because I heard one of the battle songs from Jeremy Soule's brilliant score online and bought the game solely based on that.

Supreme Commander is a sort of spiritual sequel to TA. You can zoom in and out as close or far as you want, from tiny soldiers to massive robots. Everything is physically simulated. Units give ETAs to their arrivals and will coordinate arrival times (something I've clamored for). Mr. Taylor, you are my supreme commander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home