only when it was funny

Welcome to my GamePad. Here I'll comment on the crazy happenings of our beloved industry of games.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

PS3 Info Revealed

PS3 Conference Report - Date and More! News Story From 1UP.com
Well, it's official. No PS3 til November. What is surprising is that Sony has opted for a worldwide launch with only 6 million units. That would barely satisfy a single country's demand, let alone the world. I applauded MS for attempting the first worldwide launch with the 360, but I think we all learned that it just doesn't work. Supply is spread thin consumers are left angry. It seems to me both companies just wanted to get their systems out before year's end regardless of meeting demand.

I applaud Sony for apparently including the hard drive. It's a move I wish MS would have taken. I'm not sure what we're gonna do with Linux on there, but hey, whatever. It's also about time they admit they need an online service comparable to Live. PS1 and PS2 games in HD is nice and I would think expected now that thte 360 does it for the Xbox games it plays.

Now all we need are some games. Real games, no Killzone 2 movies or Metal Gear Cell commercials, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home