only when it was funny

Welcome to my GamePad. Here I'll comment on the crazy happenings of our beloved industry of games.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Guess Game Devs Get Today Off Too

So, yeah. I said I'd do a post, but frankly, there isn't much to write about. Nothing happened really. But try I shall.

I guess the big news is that the Xbox 360 Dashboard update is due sometime in the next week. I'm pretty stoke. Granted, most of what it fixes should have been there day one, but better late than never. Aside from the download manager and boot to dashboard options, I'm actually fairly glad that non-game related videos will show up in the videos menu of media and be seperate from the game trailers. I never could figure out exactly how one would have gotten content into that video menu in the first place. Though that soccer thing in there is pretty cool.

Of course, now is the time to begine our wish list for the Fall Update. The ability to create themes and not just paste the same wallpaper to every blade? Streaming video for things such as the E3 Press Conferences or trailers you just want to see, but don't want a 120mb download for? The possibilities are endless.

Episode 1 of Half Life 2 will be bestowed upon us this week. I look forward to that. I was considering purchasing Sin: Emergence but with such close proximity between that and the extension of the greatest FPS ever made, I decided to save Sin for the late summer draught.

Lastly, I think I'll be picking up Uno once I make my glorious return to Pittsburgh tomorrow. So if you're on Xbox Live and want to deal the cards, hit me up. Again, I hope you all had a fun holiday. I'll talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home